Happy Chinese New Year 2011February 03, 2011
Hello fellow readers :D Happy Holiday and Gong Xi Fa Cai! It's time to ring in another Chinese New Year! Reach out to your friends, family and loved ones on this joyous occasion with happiness and wish them good luck and good fortune in the days!
Perhaps you might receive a CNY message from Najib? :D
By the way,these are 8 Chinese Superstitions You Should Know :
1. Before welcoming the new year, clean your house for a fresh start. However, do not clean on the day of the New Year. Sweeping on New Year’s day is said to sweep away one’s good luck and fortune.
2. Eat and serve oranges or tangerines as they symbolize good health.
3. Have fresh flowers in your home – the blooming flowers represent prosperity
4. Light firecrackers to scare away demons and evil spirits
5. On New Year’s day, wear red for happiness and gold for wealth
6. If you are married, give “lai see”, a red envelop with money, to children of the family or other close, unmarried relatives. New bills are the norm. Use both hands to present the red envelope.
7. If you are the recipient of a red envelope, do not open it in front of the person who gave it to you.
8. Do not wash your hair on the day of Chinese New Year or you will wash away your good luck
Lastly, Chinese New Year celebrations are not complete without a family dinner =) Don't forget to drive safely if you're going back hometown ^^